Today was my first time trying this smoothie and I’ll be honest, at first I was skeptical. However, this smoothie turned out to be the perfect refreshing treat for a hot summer day in west Texas!
It’s really quite simple so let’s get started.
- 1/2 cup of ice
- 1/2 cup of pineapple chunks (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 a cucumber chopped or sliced with skin
- 1 frozen banana (peeled)
- 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt
- Water as needed to help with blending
- In a blender, purée all ingredients until smooth.
- After blended, serve immediately.
- Pineapples add natural sweetness and are high in vitamin C, enzymes, and dietary fiber. However, that’s just a few things that they are good for, the list continues!
- Cucumbers contain phytonutrients, beta-carotene, and fiber. Phytonutrients are plant chemicals that have disease preventative properties. Beta-carotene is an antioxidant and the human body converts it to vitamin A making it beneficial for healthy vision, skin, and other tissues in the body. Not to mention all the water that they contain! Which is a plus for this gal who’s terrible at drinking enough water!
- Bananas are full of potassium and fiber.
- Yogurt can contain protein, live cultures and probiotics (helpful in absorption and digestion), and not to mention the calcium! Just be careful you are reading the ingredients and not falling for the packaging (speaking from experience). There are a lot of misleading yogurts out there that advertise their ‘health benefits’ but are really packed full of added sugars and other additives.
- Ice & Water… I think we all know why this is beneficial! Hydration!!
Please let me know if you tried it and what you think!